Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Last night I was helping my 8 year old with his homework and I ran across this question: SUBSTANCES THAT GIVE OFF FUMES.. He looked at me with a puzzled look and said cocaine?? With a smirk that clearly stated that he had no clue what the question was! So I took the paper and read it for myself and I was appalled! HE is 8! And they are teaching this innocent kid about things he has no business knowing yet!

So, I emailed the proper people and have told them he is not allowed to take this class or do the homework. A first for me because up until now, there has been very little controversy at school. So, we'll see what happens.

With all that is happening in the country, I hope that the government doesn't take the stance that they have the right to teach our kids about things they simply do not need to know yet.

Stay tuned... I will be posting about this as it unfolds...

2 comments:

Mrs TD said...

Any updates yet? I am curious to find out how things went and how they are working out. I've been thinking about you and this whole situation. I am sure I will be running into it sooner or later, and I would love to learn from your wisdom!

C

Roger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.